Business Analyst V
Description of Duties
Planning - 40%
Analysis - 35%
Deliverables / Documentation of process and outcomes - 15%
Unit / Functional Testing - 10%
We need a solid, consistent and creative individual who can work in an open and collaborative team environment. The person in this role should be someone that is seeking and is excited by new challenges, and someone that is passionate about improving the way IT and digital services are delivered.
Typical activities will include analyze and model a business product domain to create a complete picture of work-flows, requirements and/or user stories, defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Evaluate potential software or hardware solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements. Lead cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts. Assist in preparing documents for the acquisition of equipment, materials, and services, coordination of the submittal and review process, and analysis of various types of contracts, Software and Business Applications, Hardware and Network Infrastructure, Professional Services, and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Knowledge of requirement gathering and analysis methodologies
- Ability to prepare use cases, process maps, data flow diagrams, conduct unit and functional testing
- Ability to interface between technology teams, support teams, and business units
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand and translate specifications between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Analytical skills to conduct requirement analysis and impact analysis.
- Logical thinking and decision making skills
- Knowledge of information technology, software applications and architectures
- Knowledge of RDBMS concepts
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle
- Functional knowledge of traditional Project Management and Agile methodologies
- Responsive, organized, and committed to providing professional, prompt, and accurate services with excellent communications, technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Having the ability and desire to work in a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic, open environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively in analyzing problems and propose practical solutions.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Functional ability to analyze the business objectives of the stakeholder and cultivate solutions to their business issues.
- Experienced in analyzing entire business functions, including data, goals, process, organization to assist stakeholders in developing their strategic goals.
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into specific software requirements.
- Understanding both technical designs and specifications.
- Evaluating information harvested through surveys and workshops, task analysis, and business process description.
- Having strong technical skills, business intelligence, and a full understanding of the needs of the customer.
- Able to effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams.
Job ID: 18-00571