Database Administrator VI
We need individuals that are passionate about Relational Databases, who are enthusiastic about applying bold new innovated ideas to solving real-world problems and who are passionate about education. The focus of the systems DBA will be on the physical aspects of the database environment, including, but not limited to the design, installation, configuration, patching, upgrading, backup, recovery, disaster configuration, ETL's, batch jobs, support and troubleshooting of the database environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, upgrade, and patch supported database systems.
- Manage database system availability for applications and customers, ensuring that databases maintain agreed upon service levels, including performance tuning, capacity planning, code review, and troubleshooting
- Develop, document, and implement processes for the backup, recovery, and maintenance of database systems.
- Develop, test, document and maintain database security and system security as defined by service level agreements and internal security policies
- Develop, test and implement database capacity planning, performance and monitoring scripts/processes for assigned databases and its applications
- Develop, implement and test disaster recovery procedures for multiple database systems in High Availability (HA)/Disaster Recovery (DR) environments
- Develop and implement standard database administration procedures and policies
- Install and configure RDBMS client software for database, web, and application servers.
- Regular communication to management concerning a project's status, potential risks, concerns, problems, and needs is expected.
- Be a key member of the data team helping to define and build the next generation data warehouse.
- Expertise in performance tuning Oracle and SQL Server databases to ensure responsiveness and availability of data.
- Expertise in current database security best practices to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
Minimum Qualifications/Skill Sets
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and five years progressive experience with Oracle and SQL database administration, data modeling, and data architecture. Proficiency with operating system command language is required. (Additional experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.)
- Experience with: SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016), Oracle (10g,11gR2,12c) Azure
- Experience with: Scripting languages (e.g. SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL)
- Dynamic management views (DMV) and dynamic management functions (DMF), T-SQL scripts, Triggers, and Store Procedure for troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Experience in creating, managing and delivering server based reports preferably using MS SQL Reporting service (SSRS).
- Expertise in creating database objects and structures including databases, tables, indexes, views, snapshots, stored procedures, triggers, functions and cursors.
- Experience with MS SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Third Party DBA tools and applications (e.g. PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, etc.)
- Virtualization tech
Job ID: 18-00443