Enterprise Application Consultant
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 3+ years' experience with VMware ESXi, ESX 6.x, vCenter 6.x, vsphere, including the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- Knowledge of storage concepts: vSAN, NAS, RAID, Storage Groups, volumes, etc.
- Solid foundational knowledge in server, networking, archiving, security and storage disciplines
- Must possess system-level knowledge of the underlying operating system (Windows, UNIX)
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM service management practices, specifically incident management, change management and problem management
Preferred Professional Experience:
- Administration experience for Microsoft Windows 2008/2012
- Proven experience with PowerShell Scripting: used Powershell to automate repetitive tasks, fix issues, simplify complex processes and produce reports
- Configuration/operability of Cisco & Client hardware. Must have worked on blade chassis with particular attention to switch configuration and the network fundamentals behind LACP and LAG configuration
- Proven understanding of MPIO on various operating systems
- Proven experience working with VMware ESXi 6.x, 6.X on virtual desktop infrastructure. Excellent practical knowledge of vMotion, DRS, VMware HA/Clustering, Host Isolation, Virtual Center, SRM and vRops
- Proven migration experience with vSphere upgrades in large environments (V2V, P2V)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting complex production network issues with multiple teams and vendor engagements.
- Excellent understanding of virtual and physical network stacks and their topologies troubleshooting vSphere performance issues with vRops.
- Has prepared dashboards on vrops
- Experience working on preparing documents & runbooks for peers & L2 teams
- Guiding junior resources & being a team player
- Experience on VDI environment will be an added advantage
- Manage VMware ESXi and VCenter Server (VMware 6.5) environment including 3,000 VMs across multiple physical locations.
- Assist in supporting Windows and RHEL systems from a virtualization perspective.
- Ensure configuring LUN and Fiber Channel protocols are met to company standard.
- Ensure virtual environment is monitored effectively.
- Evaluate, design, and implement complex business and infrastructure projects.
- Participate in hardware and/or software lifecycle initiatives.
- Provide capacity planning reports, define and maintain KPIs of virtual ecosystem.
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Manage and document system configurations.
- Maintain and support third-party ancillary applications.
- Drive technical service resolution and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Detect and resolve matters of significance and implement corrective action as needed.
- Participate in a 24x7 on call
Job ID: 18-00478