Help Desk Analyst
The client is looking for a Help Desk Analyst that would provide the following functions and knowledge:
Provides first-level technical end-user hardware and software support for desktop computers and users throughout client's organization. Responsible for working with departments and computer users in desktop computer needs, functionality, and support. Works closely with users to determine what desktop computer needs they may have, jointly find an appropriate solution, and work with them on installation and configuration. Assists with assigned projects.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Uses a high degree of concentration to provide first-level technical end-user hardware and software support for desktop computers.
- Identifies, analyzes, and investigates user requests or problems.
- Recommends solutions using all available resources, including documentation, client policies and procedures, and manufacturers, as needed.
- Tests and/or implements solution.
- Requires working in an environment under normal lighting and climate control tolerances
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Responsible for independent accounting and tracking of work and project related activities utilizing ITS designated project management and work management tools.
- Enters service request and all related activities into problem/project management software.
- Identifies and logs resolutions into software to develop support knowledge base Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Assists Help Desk Supervisor and Sr. Specialist with working with users, vendors, and ITS personnel to identify and analyze needs and assists in acquisition and installation of appropriate desktop solutions based on current technology.
- Assists in providing network administration functions as related to desktop users and their applications and resources.
- Works with systems administrators to setup and maintain network devices such as desktops, laptops, network printers, and other network desktop peripherals by telephone or remote access.
- Maintains awareness and understanding of technological advances, vendor product offerings, and issues.
- Acts professionally in all circumstances and completing all assignments in a timely manner and assuming responsibility for meeting user needs.
- Plans, organizes, and carries out assigned duties with minimal supervision.
Specific technical knowledge and experience required:
- Current desktop computer operating systems (Windows and Mac)
- Setup and configuration of computers and printers in a network environment
- Knowledge of PC hardware components
- Knowledge and skills to support a broad range of desktop computer peripherals such as desktop printers, storage devices, scanners, etc.
- Knowledge in a broad range of desktop computer applications such as MS Office, Cisco VPN and Jabber, WebEx, desktop management tools (Active Directory, Windows Remote Assistance).
Job ID: 18-00089