Project Manager II
- Responsible for effective project management for Data Migration and Sigle sign-on project to include: kick off, identification of all project's stakeholder, defining and clarifying project roles and responsibilities, producing a communication plan and publishing the implementation plan. Works with all stakeholders to identify and confirm resource availability throughout the project lifecycle -50%
- Schedules associated project meetings and documents related to the meetings. Conducts regular project reviews and accurately communicates the status of projects in both formal and informal settings throughout project lifecycle -20%
- Maintain project data in Planview. uses MS Project to build detailed, effort-driven project schedules. Detailed tasks include developing/managing/maintaining comprehensive, accurate project artifacts; plan and schedules, as well as preforming estimation, forecasting, planning, analysis, issue/ risk/ change management, escalation management and meeting facilitation. – 20%
- Builds and maintains relationships with department of Health Leadership/ project sponsors, channel leads, product owners, technical team leads, technical and non-technical teams. -10%
The PM position will be responsible for insuring success on the project throughout by using out Tennessee Business Solution Methodology (TBSM); initiation, Planning, execution, controlling, closure.
The filling of this position is critical to the success of the implementation of the Electronic Public Health (EPI) application statewide as it allows the department to staff for the surge of work that needs to be completed.
Contractor should have:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree, five years of professional level experience in project management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, and Power Point
- Project experience leading lard enterprise projects in public health or health care preferred.
- Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
- Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization required.
- Extensive experience with SDLC methodology
- Strong organizational skills
Additional experience or Certs preferred:
- Experience with public health or health care preferred
- PMP or PM cert preferred
- Experience working with an HER or EMR preferred
Job ID: 19-00084