Leads the planning, managing and delivery of business systems solutions and associated applications, technical support services in support of business objectives. Includes project planning, estimating, execution, and implementation of projects. Responsible for working closely with the Project Managers, Solution Architects, Business Stakeholders, and Information Technology Product and Service teams to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation are followed. Leads large projects or initiatives supporting the business goals and objectives.
- Creates and maintains a project plan, project schedule, work breakdown structure, release plan, and project artifacts.
- Consults in departmental meetings, contributes to process improvement initiatives, creates and delivers presentations,
- Creates detailed project status reports, risk assessments, charters and issue logs for management and project team. Leads all aspects of a project including initiation, planning, monitoring and controlling, implementation and closing.
- Creates, maintains and tracks project budgets, processes invoices, performs budget analysis;
- Leads or assists in contract negotiations, including RFP's, contract administration, and contract closure.
- Manages vendor relationships including service delivery and overall performance as pertains to assigned projects.
- Provides leadership and direction to the project team staff in a matrix environment including conflict resolution.
- Uses critical path, risk management, and change management skills to manage assigned projects.
- Creates and executes stakeholder, schedule, scope, budget, risk, and communication plans.
- Communicates effectively and concisely with the project stakeholders through verbal, written and face-to-face communication.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Analyze trends, develop and maintain a program for organizational learning and sharing of experiences, internally and externally.
- Performs job duties as assigned as part of ALSACs Business Continuity Management Program, including annual maintenance and testing of business continuity, disaster recovery and emergency response plans.
- Requires general knowledge of computers
- Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations
- Understands complex verbal or written instructions
- Must be well organized and systematic in work processes, possess excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with groups and in the conduct of meetings.
- Proven understanding of the Project Lifecycle and Software Development Lifecycle
- Competent in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Outlook and other tools that would be used for communication/documentation purposes.
- Proven ability to work well individually within a team environment
- Delegate and share decision-making with team members as appropriate.
- Must have strong leadership skills and able to lead project personnel, exercising strong interpersonal skills
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven management of complex system implementations (Oracle preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project with in-depth use experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred plus 4 years' experience combining technical, analytical, and functional experience including experience in project management, project design, project scheduling and/or contract administration or a MBA and 2 years' experience combining technical, analytical, and functional experience including experience in project management, project design, project scheduling and/or contract administration.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred. Experience working in an Agile environment recommended.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. (essential job functions - 1-11).
- Requires relatively high degree of concentration and attention intermittently to perform program analysis and recognize trends approximately 90% of time
- Periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of job with lesser concentration and attention requirements. (essential job functions - 1-11)
Job ID: 19-00043